Chapter I. Selling Yourself on Paper
Chronological Resume - Recent College GraduateRamon uses his interships as actual experience. Note that instead of saying "Career History" he says "Career-related Experience."
27 University Avenue South
Chicago, IL 60607
- To obtain a position in the television or film industry so that I can combine my educational background with additional practical experience.
- Bachelor of Arts, 2004
- Roosevelt University, Chicago
- Area of concentration:
- Television and Video Production
- Communications G.P.A. 3.3/4.0
- RELEVANT COURSES:
- Communications classes including: The Programming Process in Television, Advanced Television Production and Direction,Educational Television Workshop, Public Speaking, Modes of Film Communication, History and Development of Motion Pictures and Electronic Journalism.
- CAREER-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- 2003-2004 Cramer Productions: Chicago, IL
- Duplication Assistant
- Operational duties included running 1/2, 1/3, and 1 inch dubs. Packaging the product, dealing with clients by phone and in person, ordering tape stock and processing monthly billing.
- Production Assistant
- Assisted in the production of "Bears Preview," a prime time sports show, produced by Cramer Productions and viewed on Chicago's ABC affiliate. Also assisted in commercial and corporate video productions.
- Audio/Visual Rentals
- Assisted with the set up and breakdown of audio/visual equipment for conventions and
- 2001 Unicorn Video Productions: Chicago, IL
- Responsible for working on all phases of video production, with emphasis on lighting and equipment set up for shoots. Assisted with the editing process, duplication, and packaging of the final product.
- OTHER EXPERIENCE:
- 2001 Education Loan Services Inc.: Chicago, IL
- Customer Service Representative
- Contacted student loan borrowers via an automated dialing system, helped advise customers,
and assisted in the servicing of guaranteed student loans. Awarded Employee of the Month.
- 2001-2002 Fairlawn Country Club, Evanston, IL
- Assistant Manager
- Varied managerial duties including ordering liquor, keeping inventories, scheduling employees, compiling daily reports, and renting the hall for functions.
- Member of the Roosevelt University Communications Club.
- Crew member of the Loop News show - seen locally on Cable Communications Channel.