Donald E. Edwards
896 Fairleigh Lane
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
|Goal: Director of Engineering Services|
- Carnegie Mellon University, M.S.
- Major - Industrial Administration
(Anticipated - 2005)
- University of Pittsburgh, B.S.
- Major - Mechanical Engineering
- GENERAL BACKGROUND
- Nineteen years varied experience in mechanical engineering with the following firms:
CHIEF ENGINEER Elton Manufacturing Co., Pittsburgh
1996 - present (Confidential)
PROJECT ENGINEER Southern Machine Works, Inc., Patterson, NJ
DESIGN ENGINEER MADA, Inc., Yonkers, NY
SYSTEMS ENGINEER U.S. Army Material Area
- SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE
- ADMINISTRATION & SUPERVISION - Over-all supervision of engineering and production
staffs of 100 to 500 workers. Direct administration of design and development departments.
Budgeting, contracts, customer contact. Schedules, programs, department coordination, estimating
procurement. Hired professional staff. Progress reports; management review.
DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT - Medium and light machinery in steel mills and manufacturers of farm implements, vending machines, food processing and packaging machines. Designed and developed both automatic and special machines, instrumental systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, tooling, machine conversion flight simulators.
PLANT LAYOUT & PRODUCTION ENGINEERING - Planning for production efficiency and utilization of space and staff. Purchasing and installation of machinery and equipment; modernization; maintenance. Quality control; use of industrial engineering techniques and machine shop practices.
RESEARCH - Experimentation; devised tests and reliability studies; new product evaluation.
- PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Member - American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Professional Engineer (Pennsylvania)